Google Drive backup is an excellent way of storing your files and ensuring you never lose any vital information. But sometimes, a sudden system crash or any other error occurs on your devices, in which case your storage will not be accessible anymore. If you have Google Drive Backup enabled, you can restore backup from Google Drive on any device without worrying about losing data.
With Google Drive, you can easily create a backup of your device or computer so that even if you lose something, you can get it back through Google Drive. This is good for most users, but they don’t know how to restore data from Google Drive.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to restore backup from Google Drive. You can get all your essential data back in most cases. This also applied to files created on Google Drive and backed up by users who don’t know that this is a possible way to get their data back. Let’s find out the best way of doing it.
Table of Contents
Why Is It Vital To Backup Data In Our Devices?
You don’t have to be a computer wiz to understand why backing up is essential. It’s one of the first things that you learn as a beginner and is also one of the fundamentals of computers. If you lose your device or have some problem, and it stops working, or gets stolen, or broken beyond repair, then having your data backed up will save you from a lot of stress.
This is why Google Drive backup is such a great feature on most devices. You can enable this feature by going to Google Drive on your browser and logging into your account if you already have it allowed; otherwise, creating an account will allow Google Drive Backup in most cases.
Having a Google Backup on your devices will allow you to recover items from it if you need to without worrying about losing the data. Most users don’t know about this feature, and sometimes their devices get damaged or lost, and they have no way of recovering the data. And if that happens, it’s an unfortunate and frustrating moment for them.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Google Drive?
Any application, especially a technology or software, has its advantages and disadvantages. If you want to know the disadvantages of Google Drive backup, you need to understand why most users on their devices should not use it.
Some of the main disadvantages include:
- Security Risks: Despite its multiple security layers, Its services are not 100% hack-proof. If you are working on confidential information, you want to make sure that it is secure. The most usual risk is that of data hacking. Hackers can access your data even if a password secures it. Google’s security is not entirely safe, but it is relatively more secure than other online storage services.
- File Size Limitation: Google Drive allows you to upload files up to 15 GB on its free services. Most users have a hard time keeping their files within such size limitations. They might pay extra fees if they exceed the file size limit and pay overage fees in some cases.
It is best to choose an online storage service that allows you to store your files at reasonable file size. It means that you will be saving money and not having to pay extra fees.
How To Restore Backup From Google Drive In Android Devices
You might have restored a backup in devices like iPhones or iPad with the help of iCloud. It is not the same for Android users. If you restore a backup on an Android device, you will have to do it manually.
At other times, Android backups are created automatically and can be restored when needed. You need to enable Backup and Restore on your Google account settings to do this.
Steps To Restore:
- Step One: Turn On Your Phone
- Step Two: Select your preferred language on the welcome page, and click Let’s Go.
- Step Three: Open the Copy Apps and Data page and click on Copy your Data
- Step Four: Connect your phone to the internet by connecting it to WiFi.
- Step Five: Open the “Bring Your Data” page, and choose the “Backup from the Cloud.”
- Step Six: Sign in with your Google Account and click “I Agree.”
- Step Seven: Click “Backup to Restore.”
- Step Eight: Find the files you want to restore and download.
Restore a backup from Google Drive to your Android using the Google Drive application:
- Step One: Open The Google Drive Application and log in to your account.
- Step Two: Click On The Home Tab and select Backups.
- Step Three: Find the files you want to restore and download
Your android phone is now restored with all your backed-up data. You can now access it on your device without worrying about data loss.
How To Restore Backup From Google Drive In Windows Desktop Devices
Learning how to restore a backup from Google Drive on Desktop devices can be complex. Google has different methods of doing this. Since the procedure is different, users will have to follow the steps to find out what they need to do.
Steps to Restore:
- Step One: Visit the Google Drive account in your browser and go to https://drive.google.com/drive.
- Step Two: Browse for the file and select the item or folder to restore from your account in Google Drive. Right-click on the file or folder and press the download button.
- Step Three: After clicking on the download button, it will compress the selected folder or file and download it to your desktop
Do this and follow the steps one by one until you get to the point where you will have all your files restored.
How To Restore Backup From Google Drive In IOS Devices
Being an iOS device user will make it hard for you to restore a backup from Google Drive. Since most Android devices don’t have a Google Drive application installed, they can’t restore their backup through the Google Drive application. They need to access the user’s account and perform specific steps found in the account settings.
Steps To Restore:
- Step One: Open your browser on your iPhone and go to https://drive.google.com/drive/settings. Select Backup & Sync and tap on Backup Account, and you will be asked to sign in.
- Step Two: Find the file you want to restore and click the download button.
Once you have downloaded the file, it will be stored on your device, and you can access it from your phone.
Suppose you are a Google Drive user and want to restore the backup when you accidentally deleted files or damaged your device. In that case, you should keep a regular backups of it. You never know when you will need to restore Google Drive backup on your devices.
The most important thing is that you always keep backups so that even if things go wrong, you will have an option to restore your data. Some devices create an automatic backup on the cloud so that you don’t have to worry about anything.
Google Photos backup file Restore option Internet connection chat history backup solutions mobile device mobile phone storage space Cloud storage services backup options cloud space